Wednesday 18 January 2012

Winter on the Island

It is finally hear - sort of - we only have about 3 cm of snow but it is cold - cold for here anyway. Right now it is -7 C. Earlier when I was out and about it was -9 C. Okay I will admit this is not the coldest place in the world.

I love the snow, unlike most people who live on the Coast. It is pretty while it is white and fresh. The world seems like a better place. But it never lasts long here - before you know it, it will be either a slushy, dirty mess or it will have disappeared completely.

I am an eternal child; excited to see those first flakes and so sad when it is gone. I still remember when we had a fog horn at the lighthouse instead of the mechanical noise. You would lay awake at night and hear it and you would know by the temperature of the house that it was SNOWING. I would get so excited. I still get excited when I wake up and see the snow falling.
I see by the Weather Network we will have snow today and Thursday then rain on Friday. Oh I was so hoping for a snowday. While it does not help me much as I work from home, I know that my Grandkids would LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment