Friday 13 January 2012

Bathrooms

I spent a wonderful hour at Andrew Sheret's showroom called Splashes. Interesting place - BEAUTIFUL stuff. I found out all sorts of information - somethings that although I am sure I should know I think I might have to forget.

It was so hard to make a choice. The choices are endless - size, finish, on top of counter, under counter, brushed chrome or not, rain shower head and on and on and on. My head was spinning. Thank goodness Kevin, the Showroom Supervisor was patient and obliging and knowledgable. After an hour was up - I had ordered a new sink, tub, toilet, glass shower doors and faucets. I also got a quote on heated floors which I know have to sell this idea to Michael. He is not really receptive to this idea right now but we shall see. 

I am not sure how a person can be so exited about bathroom fixtures but I left there giddy over them. Hey it should be a toilet is a toilet etc. But I chose a toilet with a concealed trapway - WHY you ask?Well I have a dog and two cats and the hair flys up onto the ledge that connects the toilet to the floor. I spend a lot of time wiping that down. NOW there is no more ledge. Such a simple thing it is but makes extreme sense to me. The tub I chose is deep - 23" and it has a sloped back rest. I will be in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment