Tuesday 3 January 2012

Back to work - Back to a routine

Business as usual today - walk, yoga and work. The WALK - in a sprinkle of rain but a blustery wind, totally invigorating - the YOGA - with my new mat and jasmine tea afterwards - making me mindful today I will concentrate on joy and WORK - quick responses to the new year requests - on it - with pleasure.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. The start to the year. Isn't it grand to have time to sift through things, organize, review calendars and let go. I dug through an old file box. It revealed old knitting projects, some lovely wool forgotten and a shoe box full of wonderful photos. I think a task for this year is to organize the many shoeboxes of photos into something - can't decide if I want to scan them or scrapbook them - both seem onerous. There is also many canisters of slides I would love to digitize. This will require a scanner that will scan slides. I do want to make a scrapbook of all the pictures of my son. I did this for the girls when they graduated but the one for my son was left to his father and a few years ago it was passed back to me - hence I really need to go through those slides - most of his life's pictures are in slides. Back to my search for a scanner for this purpose.

Mike wants us to continue on with our house renovations. We took a break last year because of the flood in the yard. So you will be watching our progress soon. The plan is for the main bathroom, hallway and entryway. Sometime this week I will go and find the bits for the bathroom - new sink, faucets etc.
And here it is - our current bathroom - the footprint will not change however. We will add a shower to the tub.


Some things I will miss about this room

 - I love the yellow - bright and cheerful; I love the 50's plastic pearlized tile; I love my funky cabinet handles. We may have to keep those - not sure - the cabinets will be changed so they may not go back. Do like them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment