Monday 30 January 2012

Never Grow Up

Two years ago at the Quilting Cartel Retreat, I made my 5 year old Grandson a Halloween quilt from a panel. I cut it apart and using various Halloween fabrics created a lap size quilt. Needless to say he was thrilled and took it everywhere. When he went to Ottawa to visit his Auntie, he had it with him. She tease him and said she was going to take it. NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

Finished
Flimsy




Auntie came out to visit in August of 2011, and once again saw the quilt. She looked at ME and said "where's mine?"

Oh please - how old are you? She said "I am serious - where's mine?"

I am controlled by guilt I will admit; so for Christmas I decided to make her one.

Christmas came upon me and it did not QUITE get finished. I packed up her parcel with a beautifully wrapped box that held a gift card and fabric scraps - telling her the rest would follow. Cheeky that she is said "well I hope it doesn't take 5 years to get here" BRAT!!!! Well she should be getting it any day now.




3 comments:

  1. Well, what a lucky sister you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geri, I am trying to respond to your question about the hexathon but I don't have your email and your comments come through without a return address. Contact me at quilt mania@shaw.ca directly. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty! OK...now where's MINE!! /ja

    ReplyDelete