Saturday 7 January 2012

"BURIED ALIVE"

I have started removing "stuff" from the hall closets in preparation for the next reno. Oh what you find. I decided to keep only what I need in the future. There are two closets in the hallway. The linen closet/auxiliary fabric closet. You see I am somewhat of a fabric hoarder - mostly quilting fabrics. I used to buy fat quarters but a friend said why bother - buy at least a meter. What good is a fat quarter unless you are going to frame it. It was easy to sort through the linen, pillows and towels. Nice not worn or faded stay and I packed them into boxes - the rest into the Sally Ann bag. But the fabric, that is another story. I decided to leave that for another day. I need to have a plan for where to put (hide) it. So on to the front door closet. It houses snowmobile helmuts - we recently sold the snowmobiles; it also houses boxes of organized photos; jackets and "stuff". Oh my - OUR HOUSE is small and storage is at a premium. One of the goals of this renovation is to create more storage. THE goal should be to "get rid of" "stuff".

Getting rid of "stuff" - that is harder than I thought. I am following "THE PROCESS" as described by all the shows and all the websites on decluttering. Remove everything, do a quick sort - you know "keep, sell or toss". Okay I did a good job of that part. Now to really go through it. NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I hit a wall. I tried one more sort and got rid of a few more things. Then I got out those large vacuum bags and pushed in as much as I could and VOILA. Done I promise I will sort again once the removation is done YUP Promise!!

And now to the fabric stash. Most of this is for C & G Creations - can't get rid of that so where on earth am I going to store this. I will have to be creative with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment