Tuesday 24 January 2012

TenFold Sunday

Our group of 8 plus 1 got together on Sunday to play in Kathy's studio. She had a diversion for us. We were to gather some "ugly" fabrics - she suggested going to the thrift store and getting articles of clothing - light weight of no particular fibre. They were to be cut into 15 inch (approximately) pieces - to be cut down later. Plus we were to bring various other bits for the class. She promised no sewing and suggested a potluck lunch. The potluck lunch was FABULOUS. Fabric play was freeing - using fabric that we had not invested much in and we were not emotionally attached to was amazing. We created a template that we loosely used. By the time we had cut out our fabrics and started arranging them as directed we lost all controll and did our own thing.


 This is mine - my background fabric was an old polyester curtain - fusible interfacing ironed to the back. The next layer I think is upholstry fabric and it is the wrong side. I kept adding bits cut in the shape of my template then found bits on the table cut from others templates. I just kept piling it on. 


I added another piece under the first circle. Is it okay?  It will do I suppose. What am I going to do with it. Perhaps nothing but it was a such a freeing exercise.
 
Lois' Creation
Colleen's Creation



Norma's Creation

Christie's Creation

No comments:

Post a Comment