Thursday 12 January 2012

Getting Ready

Christmas is done and all the decorations are put away. I seriously tried to eliminate one of our containers of decorations but was unsuccessful. I did however put the items that I trim the house with in two separate containers. My "plan" is to bring these down after the Halloween decorations go up to the attic so that they are ready to at least do up the house in early December. We never seem to get our tree up until a few days before Christmas and when all the ornaments are mixed together the house doesn't get down until the tree is put up. I sometimes wonder WHY am I doing this. But now I am ready for next year.
I love this ornament - there are so many wonderful ones that tell a story
The linen closet is NOW totally emptied of its contents. I would love to say it was all linen. There were some sheets, extra pillows and some blankets in there but the bulk of the closet was kid's board games, beach towels, sleeping bags and fabric and batting for quilts. Surprising how much was in that closet. I boxed up the sheets. The beach towels, pillows and batting I put into a space saver bag - amazing things that they are. I have these two hard bags now that take up hardly any room. The first time I used one we were going to visit family in The Pas Manitoba in February. We had to pack winter gear as well as indoor clothes for a week. I put all our winter gear into one bag and vacuumed out the air and all fit into one suit case.


The only things left to do are to wrap this mirror up for storage, move the dresser, the small chest underneath and to empty out the front hall closet. I think I will invite Michael to help. This will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment