Friday 27 January 2012

WHY?

Why would a person leave the comfort of their sewing room to go and sit in a cabin by the ocean to sew. WHY?? I will tell you why - to sew with a friend that is why. My friend and I sew for The Gallery at Saratoga. We create quilted items for the home and for children that seem to be very popular. Mostly we sew in isolation but periodically we get together and create.




So (sew) here we are cramped and crowded but having fun and getting to walk on the beach with the tide out - HOW GOOD DOES IT GET. We did have a glass or two of wine in the evening. We did watch two interesting videos - The Bridesmaids - fluffy, romantic and slighty funny and For The Colored Girls - based on Ntozake Shange's Obie Award-winning play exploring the plight of black women. I felt that it depicted the plight of all women - watch it - it is thought provoking.

I did say walk on the beach - in January - on a sunny day. You can see forever. HOW GOOD DOES IT GET.


1 comment: