Monday 16 January 2012

And So It Goes

Onwards in the quest to get ready for this renovation!!! I decided to get a few more quotes for our cabinets in hopes of mitigating the exorbitant amount of money that I have committed to for the fixtures. The company that did our kitchen will be here on Monday to redo his quote. I am getting quote coming from Splashes, Home Hardware and I will seek another from another local company next week.

Now to flooring - so many choices and so much to learn - sanded grout and non sanded grout I did not know. Thin grout lines, no grout lines, ceramic, porcelain, vinyl, laminate; there are just too many choices and the only thing that we did finally decided on is heated floors (well that is we have ALMOST decided on). I have a sample of a ceramic tile at home but I do believe it will be the floor - I love it - I loved it before.

I spent sometime viewing tiles for the shower and for the back splash. This is another world too. I decided to have off white subway tile and a band of glass in the shower and probably the same for the backsplash. If we keep our existing mirror the tile will only go up about 12 inches or so but if we go with another mirror I may go up cabinet height. At this time there is a plan for a valance to hold lights but again, I have looked at other options. It is just too confusing

I went to our ReUse It Store and bought a small cabinet to house our bathroom items in the small bathroom. This room does not have any storage at all and I thought this would do the trick for now - and besides for $15 it is not a bad little box.

No comments:

Post a Comment