Thursday 3 May 2012

Stagnating

We seem to be stuck in reno land. I find it so frustrating. The trim is up and I am doing touch-ups. The plumber will be here on Friday - guess then the carpet can go in the hall and then the trim in the hall and bathroom and closet doors. Seems like not much left but oh my goodness waiting is wearing on both of us - we are ready to kill each other I think. Mike has moved his focus into the garden. He has been hanging the new gates he welded and he has been rodotilling all the vegetable beds. He has repotted his plethora of tomato plants and put them into the back greenhouse.
Spring is upon us - a cold spring but here at last. The daffodils that I planted last fall are all up. I must say it is marvellous. NOTE to self - plant more. To heck with tulips. The deer love them so I will confine them to the box by the shop and my three pots on the deck.. But daffodils - now there is a sunny, cheerful flower if I must say. Also the rhododendrons in our garden are starting to come alive. The more mature ones were planted before we bought our place and the person who planted them must have had a plan. They start blooming with the hot pink one closest to the house and then on down the creek - such a sight


I just love the green this time of
year contrasting with the vibrant
yellow of the daffodils.
I don't remember the new rhodo being red - oh it is going to be a beauty.


 And so it goes. The pink "curly lilies" are abundant now as well - my Sister's favourite. But they are actually Pink Fawn Lily (Erythronium revolutum). Curly lilies works for me.

Wandering around brings sanity to the insanity of doing a reno that goes on and on. I won't even talk about the saga of the front door. Will tell you all about it when you see it next.

Now that you have wandered with me around the yard, I am hoping that the next pictures you see are of two happy people in their wonderful newly renovated bathroom and hallway.


No comments:

Post a Comment