Thursday 17 May 2012

Almost, Almost Done

Front door is in; not with out it's problems.

Problems, problems - NO PROBLEM as they say in Jamaica - we have solutions.
    
    Last summer on one of my wonderful walks through an upscale neighbourhood I spied some doors that I loved. I took a picture - had to have that door or one like it. It was not the colour but the style - both these doors have a Missions style to them and I thought that would look great for the front of our house.



The problems that we had are slowly melting away from my memory as I see our door in place. We still haven't put up the trim but here is the door. 


We decided not to have a mail slot and have a mail box instead. We didn`t want just any mailbox - or at least I didn`t. I found these two at the Willow`s Market.

Option 1 - expensive, very big but I like the detail, a bit modern looking
Option 2 - less expensive, smaller size and full of character
So we went with Option 2 - I like it - was way easier to hang too. We really don`t get a lot of mail - utility bills, the odd parcel which wouldn`t fit in either box and a few magazines. I think Option 1 has an oriental, modern look to it and our door suggests or in designer speak ``speaks to another time - has an old world charm`` - in other words - suits the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment