Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day

This was one good Mother's Day - heard from all of my children and had a walk with my Step-mom. I wish I had taken my camera. We walked the Raven Trail along the Campbell River past the old Raven Lumber site. It is pretty amazing how they are reclaiming the industrial site and encouraging the natural vegetation to grow. Pretty amazing to see what can be done to restore the land and how fast it comes back. The day was sunny and warm - just a perfect May day.

And for Mother's Day - nothing can be better than hearing from family far and wide and this year they were ALL away. Ottawa called first, then Whistler and a surprise call from Italy. All in all a good day.

The perfect day ended with a Mother's Day Barbeque at Kimble's. Rosco was the greeter.
I was amazed at the variety of tulips that Julianne has growing in her garden - yes those yellow pompom flowers are tulips.


Our hostess talking to her daughter in San Diego and our host - I don't think he realized that I was going to put his picture on the blog.















Not quite sure about these geese. There must be a story here. They were made years ago by Bob (Dad, Grampa) - I think we all have a set. I must dig mine out and paint them.




Uncle Mike and Linden had some fun with Julianne's new flower pots.







1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, laughing the whole time I'm looking at the pictures, they are great. Those must be some pretty big pots because Lindy isn't that small anymore!

    ReplyDelete