Saturday 12 May 2012

School of Life

You never know when you will learn something new. My Grandmother once said "you have to learn one new thing every day". Great - some days I learn nothing new and other days, it is a flood gate of knowledge.

I was in the grocery store the other day in the cleaning aisle - abnormal place for me to be because I am not big on cleaning. My thoughts on housework are to keep it as clean as to be healthy and as tidy as to keep Mike happy. Anyway back to my story - the cleaning aisle, yes. Met up with a lady that I know - she asked me where the oven cleaning products were. ME? She asked ME. We were standing right in front of them. I pointed them out and I said I don't buy them anymore because I have a self cleaning oven. She said she did too but she buys the manual spray Easy Off to clean her oven racks. Oh now that is a hateful job - she gave me the best cleaning tip and I can say that because I tried it and it worked.

Put on rubber gloves. Put the oven racks into a large black garbage bag, go outside - spray them in the bag. Spray them liberally. Close the bag and lay it in the sunshine for a few hours. Then take them out - oh yah - wear rubber gloves. Lay them on the ground - not your grass. Hose them down and VOILA - they are clean - OH YES THEY WERE. No scrubbing, no soaking - how great was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment