Wednesday 21 March 2012

Craziness

We were going great guns on this reno, even got the bathtub in - the most wonderful tub. I can hardly wait. YES I did sit in it after it was in place - no water, but man it is going to be so nice - 25" deep. I was asked how I was going to clean it and before I could answer - Mike said - she WILL clean it. Truer words were never spoken. We had to wait quite a few days for the dry wall to be installed.

Here is our progress - is SLOW but we are moving forward.


Today is the third day for the drywall installers. This is the part that I really find stressful - trying to contain as much dust as possible. We are both trying to keep our spirits up but yesterday it got the better of us. I had to point out a slight error - after a close encounter of the renovating kind we got it fixed. Don't you just wish for a big lotto win and hire someone to do the rest of this for you. I would just love to pick the colours, the fixtures and walk away for a month and come back to it all finished. I have even fantasied about having Candice Olson or Jonathan Scott (Property Brothers) just step in and take this on. Oh, come on, where is the fun in that?

I am locked out of my sewing room for the next while. No power in there. But I have sealed up the room and covered my equipment with drop cloths to protect them from dry wall dust. Oh but on a HAPPIER NOTE - I finished reading my book and now am working on my latest addictions - HEXAGONS.

2 comments:

  1. Another hexaholic is born. Good luck with the renos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, lol I've never heard of a hexaholic. Yes, hockey is much much more fun if your grandkids are involved. I know someone who would be envious. Looking forward to view your completed renos. Shelleybelly

    ReplyDelete