Monday 2 April 2012

Renovation Roller Coaster Ride

I have been reluctant to post. I don't know about you but when I am faced with a list that never seems to end I stall. We have been hurrying and hurrying then waiting and waiting. I feel deflated like I am on the reno rollercoaster.
Priming
 
 Mike and I rushed to get the walls down, and the roughed in wiring was done. And then we waited - and then the plumbing and bathtub went in electrical went in - and then we waited. Oh goody big rush the dry wall went up and the mudding and finishing. I rushed like mad to get all the painting done - primer and two coats thank you very much. I even primed and painted all the shelves for the linen closet and the front hall closet and then we waited - for the floor layer to come.

Assembly Line Shelf Painting



THIS IS ME - I am so DONE......
I got word that the floor layer could be here Friday. So I swept and removed anything that may be in the way. Then at noon I got a call - his truck broke down. Maybe next week. This is just too frustrating - I called today and we have someone coming tomorrow - oh joy of joys. I spent the weekend painting the doors for the bathroom and hall closets - they are ready to install.

I keep thinking we are almost done BUT NO. If I make a list of what is outstanding I feel like this is the never ending project. I know that my daughter would gleefully make that list and enjoy every time she crossed something off it. Not me - I keep a running tab in my head. I have Mike to keep me on track.



The only thing I have felt like doing is making hexagons. I have a few done. It IS addictive and theraputic.


3 comments:

  1. Your hexagons are looking great. They are a great stress release, and it looks like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - love the deflated you. A picture worth a thousand words. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is your inspiration board? Knowing your craftiness you must have one. Reference back to remind yourself of the end result!

    ReplyDelete