Tuesday 6 March 2012

Building It Back

How does that OLD song go - "What goes up, must come down - spinning wheel got to go round" (Blood, Sweat and Tears) - so all the rough wiring is done. Huge job - some electrical home runs were replaced and some new ones laid for the future. There was a lot of cursing and swearing. Me, I spent my days - working and looking for a mirror. I gathered some paint samples for the bathroom and watched two hockey games - Alyssa's - a tied game and Curtis' - 6-5.

Mike sprayed the walls with a mold killer and dusted for bugs and installed all the exterior insulation and insulated the ceiling. I did my bit for the project - "Mollie Maid" - I did the clean up - swept and washed up. I do have other jobs but I am not on the "payroll" yet. I am the painter - oh and he keeps telling me I am the "Designer" - Candise Olson I am NOT.

I spent some time in my green house - taking cuttings of the geranium's that survived the winter and potting up the brugmansia cuttings that were rooting on the window sill in my sewing room. My greenhouse is not heated so some years the geranium's survive - two survived so I took cuttings and used root hormone. Hopefully I will get some plants out of the deal. I winter over a passion vine and it did not do as well as it has in the past but it is alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment