Wednesday 29 August 2012

Mad Hat

I was asked to post a picture of my MAD HAT for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party - well here it is. I took my hat seriously (tongue in cheek) and created a "tea" hat that is definitely MAD.

I used a Dollar Store base - it was a hat with pig ears, nose and eyes on it. The shape and colour were what I was after and it had an elastic chin strap. I pulled off the "features" and was left with a great shape - I modified it slightly for my head.

I then searched for anything that one might required at a tea party - pearls, gloves (I found some lacy children's gloves at the $ store), a "gold" bracelet, a ring, a broach, sugar cubes, I glued a child's teacup to the saucer and added a small teaspoon and glued that to the hat, added some tea bags and a tea ball, a veil and bits of frou frou.

And here it is.





2 comments:

  1. You are too creative! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no "host", but your hat pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete