Thursday 23 August 2012

Drum Roll Please

I guess you might like to see the finished bathroom and hallway - but remember now three pieces are not put back yet. I have not moved the mirror, credenza and small wooden trunk back into the hallway. Not sure why but haven't. 


From the living room - looking down the hall to the spare room, I am glad now that we added the pot lights in the hall - regret - we should have put another in the middle of the hall. I love these old black and white photos - they were taken by the son of the people who owned the house before us and they left them. Lucky me.

Looking right the new front door. I previously posted it looking at it from the outside. I love the door. The window lets a quite a bit of light into the entry way. The door - I was so wanting a wooden door. The advice we were given was not to have one in this climate - heat loss, swelling etc. So this masonite door stained and finished to look like fit the bill. I stained it and did the faux finish but chickened out on the clear coat. I had it done professionally. They had a few problems with the finish and I was scared at one point that it was looking awful, the painter came through in the end and it is great.
 
 



Our travel wall of pictures went back up. You know when you travel you just have to bring back something to remember your wonderful vacation. I used to collect charms for a charm bracelet, then I collected spoons, then knick knacks. Now it is one very small picture - a painting, etching, print, photo, postcard - something that reminds me of that place. I have it framed and here they hang. At first it was just me searching but Mike has gotten into the hunt now.












Alright then - here it is - the new and improved main bathroom.  Can a person say they love a bathroom, can they say they love the toilet - now if I could demo this for you I would but I can't I can just tell you that the lid shuts itself slowly and quietly. Amazing - probably not to all the worldly people but to me in my small corner of the world it is amazing. We haven't turned on the heated floor yet except to make sure it works. Have enjoyed the tile in the heat of the summer - nice and cool on the feet.

 
 

 
Yup done, finished - WEEELLLL I may make some kind of window treatment but still enjoying all the light bouncing around the room.  Regret - Mike thinks he wants a light over the toilet.

1 comment:

  1. Your place looks AMAZING!!! Maybe sometime in this decade I will get out there to see it.
    Keep the blog coming as I am thoroughly entertained by your life.

    ReplyDelete