Tuesday 28 August 2012

Mad Hatter's Tea Party

I don't know whether I am just a kid at heart or "completely mad" but I finally had my Mad Hatter's Tea Party. I had wanted to do this last year but never got it together - could only manage a wonderful lunch on the patio. BUT this year - I just knew I had to do it.

To force myself to do it, I decided on a date and sent out the invitations - I had so much fun creating a poem and the invite that I knew this party was going to be fun.

RULES
(oh yes there ARE rules – there are always rules OR it’s off with your head)

You MUST BRING –a tea cup – after all it is a Tea
You MUST WEAR A HAT –it is a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party – Mad attire would be appreciated but if not, at least wear clothes
Bring a chair – there will be some but if you really want to sit, it would secure a spot
 
Beautiful Grandaughter - Queen of Hearts
And then to the decorations  - I started off with wild and crazy ideas but settle on only a few. We have a wonderful yard - so it did not take much to set the stage so to speak. I also enlisted the help of my wonderful sister and my step mom - my caterer extraordinaire and my beautiful granddaughter.



Sister - who came as the March Hare
Wonderful Step Mom,
Caterer who makes my parties amazing

 

Now what is more appropriate than croquet and what did Alice get to play with but a flamingo - had to have - had to have the card soldiers too - for the wickets. Such fun.
 
 
 
Card Soldiers were on duty to show the guests to the party. I had to stop at 3. Making them was just too much fun and I was becoming obsessed.
 
 
Here is my favourite soldier - he is painting the roses red. You see I really could go MAD.  

I setup two long tables on the road to the back field, layering on table clothes and adding chairs. I had my credenza setup for the food and an antique table setup with the plates and beverages. It was a perfect day - sun streaming through the trees really set the party stage.


Had to have a Drink Me sign on the Lemonade

And of course it is all about the time

Just happened to have a looking glass

Now all I need are the guests and here they are in their some beautiful and some funny hats.

 





 
 And of course we play croquet.
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great party! Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needs a photo of our host in her show stopping hat.

    ReplyDelete