Tuesday 2 October 2012

Let's Talk Turkey

No I don't mean the Thanksgiving Turkey although it is approaching that time that I should be talking about that turkey. No I mean my recent visit to Turkey.

My daughter had been wanting to go to Turkey forever and asked me to join her. Plans were made and off we went - three of us - we were joined by Cheryl.

This was an INCREDIBLE journey. We have over 4,000 pictures between the three of us. I hope to just give you a taste of our 16 day holiday a bit at a time. I will find it hard to describe all my thoughts and memories with out boring you all to death so will just post bits and pieces of our time in Turkey just to give you a sense of the wonder that we experienced.

It was a long overnight flight from Canada via Toronto to Istanbul, Turkey - 11 hours to be exact, but we hit the ground running and after checking into our quaint hotel - The Historia (the green building on the right); we were out on the town marvelling at the sites and sounds.


We were lucky in our choice of hotel, we were right down in the historic centre of the city. Everywhere was history. We knew this but really did not grasp it as we walked up the hill, through the markets and up beside the famous Blue Mosque and Ayasofya.

 
 Everywhere is a feast for the eyes.
 
 
 
We wondered up and down and all around until we were exhausted - some of us slept on the plane the rest of us didn't. Dinner and such a dinner - then to bed - sleepy head.
 


 
 
 
 

2 comments: