Friday 8 June 2012

Rainy Friday

And I do mean rain. It is coming straight down. We had such great plans for the last two days. 

The Deck - all "decked" out








We started a project in the garden on Wednesday - it was sunny then. I have been planning this project since last summer. This part of the garden is near the creek and it is always full of weeds especially HORSETAILS. They are a feature in my garden - not a wanted feature but they are everywhere. Oh yes I know - you cannot get rid of them unless you change your soil. That would be next to impossible as they are in the creek and would penetrate through anything. They come up through cracks in the sidewalk - amazing plants. "They" say horsetails are a prehistoric plant. I am not sure that makes me happy to have them in my yard or not but nonetheless I can't get rid of them so I guess I will do what I can to make them part of the landscape.

My plan for this garden is to have three big rocks "planted" here and the add some decorative grasses, encourage ferns and other native plants - the horsetails will just come. I think I will move over some of my blackeyed susans and some daylilies for colour. Mike is sceptical about this but is providing assistance in getting the garden ready. BUT now it is raining. Normally the rain does not prohibit us from doing anything - I mean we do live on the west coast and we are not made of sugar, but the machines that will move the gravel, dirt and rocks will just eat at the grass and make a muddy mess. We will have to find another project for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment